In my current temp position, I work in a skyrise building in the nice little community of Woodland Hills. The building is one of three or four in a complex. They are like glass hives surrounded by green rolling hills and rushing water fountains. The patio where people go out to have lunch is relaxing and welcoming, a nice break from the flourescent lights inside.One of my favorite things about my office building is the elevator. They have two things going for them:
- They're extremely fast
- They have a highly polished chrome inside.
The first reason is obvious. The second is where the fun occurs. With these reflective walls it's easy to be an elevator voyeur. I catch people watching other people or trying to do their best to ignore the other people standing near them. I can read what they're reading or rate their "I'm not really picking my nose" technique. The best thing about the reflective walls is that because they're not glass, they act more like a mirror in a fun house. When I have the rare occasion to ride alone in the elevator, I like to find all the little defects in the walls making an eye bug out here, or an arm shrink there. It's hilarious. I wish I could take a picture of some of the concoctions I get, but then the camera would ruin the picture.
These elevators are a small, ridiculous joy, but it is a joy and a chance to laugh at myself.
Have a great day, everyone. Hope you'll share with me your own silly small pleasures in life.
xoxo Stephanie Paige
1 comment:
I'm glad you are able to find small joys in your life. Let you be an inspiration to us all, that we might follow your example!
Post a Comment