- I just wrapped up a six-week temp gig with a great company called Lee Hecht Harrison. The people there were nice and fun to work with. They understood my interest in acting, were super supportive, and gave me flexibility for the few auditions I have had as needed. If only it could have been a permanent arrangement.
- After a four-month search process for a communications assistant position with the California Community Foundation, it came down to me and one other candidate. The foundation went with the other candidate and then called me last week to say that the person had fallen through and did I want the job. After much thought I realized that no I didn't want the job. It wouldn't give me much flexibility to do acting. It was in downtown LA which meant horrendous traffic. And having somewhat burned out from my last nonprofit position, which I loved but was relieved to have left, I knew I didn't want that kind of commitment for a while.
- I am now gainfully unemployed and looking for a job. I'm also looking for acting jobs. I've submitted for many - many, many - and have heard nothing. Is it possible to be in a slump before you even get started? Who knows, but I have faith something will come up. I just need to hang in there. Admittedly, it would be nice just to get an audition. I'm signing up with some extras agencies down here, so that may lead to something. That said, waiting tables is not beneath me, but it's killer on my back. Hopefully something will turn up sooner or later before the money runs out. I have a couple months at least.
- While some of my closer friends know, I should say that I'm officially single after a four-year relationship. Many of you have asked after Patrick; you can follow his NYC shenanigans at http://www.bonckers.blogspot.com/.
I'm getting into the rhythm of LA life. I'll write a few future posts about the cinemas, the canyon roads and the houses on stilts, and the quirky shops that symbolize the LA aesthetic that gives this city it's stereotypes. It's expensive here so I don't go out much. If you all have any ideas for good cheap fun, I'm open to it. It would be good to hear from you, too.
Check it out!
EverydayDifferent.com - My Portfolio Website
POEIN - Literary & Artistic Blog
4 comments:
You're alive!
Oh my god. I was starting to wonder. I am glad to hear, too, that although you haven't hit it big just yet, you're still working on it. It's early still.
I miss you though.
Hey Steph, I'm thinking of you often and hoping for your aspirations to bare fruit. I would love to see you act (haven't had the chance yet).
Do you want to be a "star" or an "actor" ask yourself that and I think that will help ( please know you will always be a "star" in my show:))
I'm asking the "great what is" to help you figure it out and give you a chance.
Lovin you,
Taryn
So I will try again here...for some reason my last post didn't go through...seems to happen to me alot...between "big brother" and my suckiness at blogging.
Anyhow,here is my post to you (for cryin out loud--you know), Hang in there gal...you are a good soul and although I haven't had the chance to see you act yet I'm sure you are most likely a match to it.
I'm thinking on old Scottish and Irish energy now...help "my Steph" somehow.
Lovin you gal,
Taryn G.
Hey there!. Good to finally see a blog up here. Wow! What a hard decision to not take that job! I probably would have taken it since that’s the “safe” route, thus dashing my ability to do what I really wanted. So, again, my hats are off to you for your courage and determination to take the weeded path, rather than the least resistance one. If only I was so brave. I love you and my door is always open, figuratively and physically. Hang in there, babe!
Post a Comment