I'm on the job hunt again. After my layoff right before Christmas, I came home for a nice, long family and friend-filled respite. The visit made me realize many, many things, including that I have two feet firmly in my thirties, that I want to live in a CITY in a downtown thriving with life and the vitality of its inhabitants, that my direction is changing and it's not a bad thing, that I need to set new goals and I'm looking forward to it. But things aren't changing at lightning speed and I still need to pay my bills.
One opportunity I was pursuing over the holidays was a position with Book Soup, a renowned bookstore on Sunset Boulevard. I love the store and they seem to like me. Steps were being taken to hire me when, most unfortunately, the owner, Glenn Goldman, respected businessman, book lover, and activist in his own right, passed away from cancer. The world has somehow taken care though, and for the next couple months I have a temporary position with Lee Hecht Harrison, the company I worked for briefly this summer.
So, I'm not out on the streets yet and have a couple more months of cushion. That said, if you hear of anything that would be flexible for an actor, you think I might like, or has anything to do with books - other than balancing them - please do let me know.
Thanks from sunny, breezy, 80 degree Los Angeles!
Check it out!
EverydayDifferent.com - My Portfolio Website
POEIN - Literary & Artistic Blog
No comments:
Post a Comment