05 October 2008

Celebrity Siting

I saw my first official celebrity today. Actually this is my second celebrity siting EVER. The first time I ever saw a celebrity I was with my family in Vancouver Canada, and my stepdad, Jack, spotted Leslie Nielsen and said hi to him. He was very gracious.

Anyway, today I went on a fabulous beach outing in Malibu with my friends Mary and Camille. It was high tide, so we didn't get to see the tide pools we were hoping for (bummer). But the weather was fabulous and there weren't many people out because tourist season is over. Thank goodness! Traffic heading out to the beach will be so much better now.

So to get out to the beach with the tide pools you have to climb this hill which then descends down to the beach. On the way up this guy with a baseball hat passed us. He had a pretty cute, yet wet and smelly aussie mix. Being an animal lover, I greeted the dog first and then said hi to the guy. The guy just happened to be Owen Wilson. He obviously didn't want to be recognized. We couldn't even see who it was when we passed because he kept his cap low and head down. It was his voice that gave him away. Mr. Wilson is much better looking in person, and about 5'6". I could be wrong on that though because we were climbing and he was descending.

I think it must be difficult to be a celebrity, all these people who have seen you in vulnerable situations and think they know you. Their space must be invaded all the time. I know some celebrities seek it, but most don't. Besides, acting is like anything else: it's a job. Celebrities are doing just that, their work.

On a different note, I've been painting more lately and writing, too. If you're ever interested, look into my other blog: POEIN. The link is listed below. I'm growing more interested in mixed media and improving my painting skills which are very basic right now. Like any art, it's difficult to make a living as a painter or poet. Maybe these will end up being hobbies in the end, or maybe I'll strike gold. Who knows. I don't think I'd mind being the subject of a celebrity siting....not at all.

Check it out!
EverydayDifferent.com - My Portfolio Website
POEIN - Literary & Artistic Blog

No comments: