27 November 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Well, it looks like autumn even comes to Los Angeles. Sweet, sweet rain, I never thought I'd miss you so much....

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

I'm thankful for those physically near to me and I'm thankful for those of you near in my heart but physically distant.

I'm thankful for the chance to breath in the morning, the opportunity to make change in my life and others, for the freedom of being who I am and living where I live and how I live.

I'm thankful for my car and my chiropractor and my parents' wonderfully nagging and loving phone calls.

I'm thankful for free will and free speech.

I appreciate my memories and the future to make new ones.

I'm thankful for every spirit who has touched my life and made me who I am today.

I'm thankful for my nutty, yippy dog back at my folks, and the fact that even though we don't talk as often as we should I can always count on my brother and sister no matter what.

I'm grateful to be employed in these times when making ends meet is a challenge for so many in our country and beyond.

I'm thankful for the Outlaw Style Thrance Company and the new show I'm in, for the cozy little Armenian cafe downstairs and George Sr. and his wife Anna who run it.

I'm thankful for the wondeful teachers I've had so far and the incredible experience of following my dreams.

I'm thankful for the frustrations that I experience each and everyday that help me to put things into perspective.

I'm joyful about our presidential elections and while certain intiatives I hoped would pass did not, I am grateful for the education and awareness it has pushed to the forefront.

I'm thankful for our ability to have so much hope in utterly desperate times.

I am thankful for my wonderful, loyal, loving, caring, patient friends, new and old.

I appreciate how much love and stuff I have in my own life and the fact that I have the mental and physical presence to want to help others have it for and unto themselves.

I'm thankful that I finally love myself and am proud of who I've become (despite the often made bad decision).

I'm thankful to know and have known both love and loss. And I'm thankful to know that I have so much more to learn and to see.

I'm thankful, plainly and simply.

Thank you.


Check it out!
EverydayDifferent.com - My Portfolio Website
POEIN - Literary & Artistic Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful to read. I'm thankful that you are willing to share. :)